Erected in the second half of the 14th century as a part of the town’s defence system, the gate provided access to the town on the east side. A five-storey brick building built on a rectangular plane with three arch-shaped openings. Located within defensive walls surrounding the Old Town. In the 1930s a youth hostel was established in the building. It was partially damaged during military operations in 1945 and renovated 10 years later.